Houseplant Appreciation Day
January 10th is Houseplant Appreciation Day so I want to focus on 15 Benefits For You and Your Pet.
These benefits were compiled by Leslie at the Masters In Health Care Blog
Synopsis of Benefits
- Help fight colds
- Remove airborne contaminants
- Stop Your Headaches
- Make You Happy
- Improve Your Mental Health
- Decrease Your Blood Pressure
- Reduce Carbon Dioxide in the Home
- Offer soothing treatment (aloe for an example)
- Prevent allergies
- Neutralize Cigarette Smoke
- Make Your Brain Work Better
- Provide Clean Air
- Clear Congestion (such as Eucalyptus)
- Natural Humidifiers
- Improve Your Sleep
Can you think of any more benefits? Leslie goes into more detail on the Masters In Health Care blog.
Beware Toxic Houseplants
So often we hear of the hazards of houseplants and you can find information about 12 toxic plants for cats and dogs here at Lifehacker.
Add Pet-Friendly Houseplants To Your Home
If you would like to add houseplants to your home without the worry, check out Better Homes & Gardens list of 15 Pet Friendly Houseplants.
What kind of houseplants do you have in your home? What precautions have you taken to keep your dogs and cats from ingesting these plants or knocking them over and injuring themselves?
Check back for more Miracle Living With Gusto!